This time around they are collecting handmade beanies/hats and tote bags for children who are fighting cancer. The beanies can be any style in any size from baby to teenager and the bags can be filled with activity goodies too (ie. books, crayons, puzzles etc.) The possibilities are endless! I'm so excited about this new project and am working on some ways to involve more people whether they sew or not! Here are several ideas for joining in:
- DIY! If you sew, knit or crochet grab a pattern online or from your stash and get to work! I've collected several ideas and patterns on one of my Pin boards.
- Learn to sew, or knit, or crochet. If you aren't already crafty in one of these areas there are oodles of tutorials available online and surely a friend or relative can get you started?
- Join me and my local friends to sew/knit/crochet in person. Bring your talent or come to learn. Dates for a bag sewing night and a beanie/bag session are in the works for this month. Email me if you are interested in being on the notification list for either or both.
- Contribute supplies - do you have a stash of stuff you meant to get around to using but never did? Use it or share it with someone who can turn it into a great gift for the kids.
- Don't sew, don't knit, don't crochet, don't want to learn? You can contribute 'fillers' for the tote bags or donate good old fashioned money at the Craft Hope site.
- Spread the word! Let your crafty (or non-crafty) friends and family members know about this great project and how they can join in too.
If you do create something on your own, please comment below!